Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Take Flight by Lindsey Stirling

I'm currently on my spring break and I'm spending this lovely evening writing to you and watching Lindsey Stirling: Live From London on PBS. Watching her perform I felt the urge to write. She's so incredible because she took something she loved and made it into a career that she likes and is successful. The money she makes is probably great but I mean success is that she can sustain her own self with her passion. The power each person has within their self is so incredible and mind boggling. We can do so much if we apply ourselves. However, we also need to have confidence and the belief that we can do it. In an interview Lindsey Stirling stated that she was told her music wasn't marketable because it was so different. She made her own way and I along with many others can personally tell you we're very glad. The world is full of negativity but be yourself and know you were created perfectly. Stirling also keeps to the same style she's worn since I saw her first videos and it just made me realize that that is a statement of who she is and yes she's different but it's not bad but good. We are all different and if you're accepting of everyone's differences you learn so much and you open up a whole new world. I also think it was pretty amazing that Stirling chose to show her broadcasted concert on public television instead of some high paying network.

No comments:

Post a Comment